1. The general objective of the Society is to encourage science and research in the field of intellectual property independently, by distribution of scientific publications, organizing scientific conferences, research seminars, and the assignment of preparing research and other appropriate means. The special objectives of the Society are as follows:
• Reinforcing awareness of the necessity to provide international protection for intellectual property (including patents, trademarks, industrial drawings and models), fighting imitation and unfair competition
• Enhancing and unifying internationally practiced legislation in the fields of intellectual property
• Continuance of efforts to develop the international conventions in intellectual property, especially Paris convention, March 20, 1883
• Exerting efforts to reinforce professional training for personnel working in the field of intellectual property
• Resolving all conflicts regarding intellectual property by mediation and arbitration or other practiced alternative means of conflict resolution by establishing a committee or a center with competent jurisdiction in conflicts regarding intellectual property and their extensions in accordance with the rules and regulations organizing them. In addition, the Board of Directors is delegated the authority to take decisions necessary to accomplish that, and adopt the mediation and arbitration rules that the center will be operating under in accordance with its mission to resolve conflicts regarding intellectual property issues
2. The Society shall have the option to choose an alternative means to accomplish its objectives to the extent that doing so does not jeopardize the public interest.